Author's Note

Hopelessly, I'm taking a mental picture of you now, 'cause hopelessly the hope is that we have so much to feel good about.
- One Republic

P.S. Please feed the fish :)

Wednesday 8 June 2011

A close encounter/I only wanted one drink

Two blogs for the price of one here, isn't that exciting for you all! Hmmm ...

Blog.1
A Close Encounter
 here I am, back in Southampton for Summer. Or for 10days at least. All happy families - me, Mum, Dad, Jakey and the rats. Took me a while to notice the brother wasn't here. Not because I've forgotten about Simon but even when he is here he disappears into ... usually my room actually and watches Crystal Maze. Panic not - he's not dead, he's just at college.

Anyway, so being here means I have my lovely Jake-dog and the two rats in one place. Obviously I wanted them to meet but this evening they may have got slightly too close for comfort. I brought Ianto downstairs in his run-a-round ball - fortunately for him Jake the Ferocious Hunter was sound asleep so nothing happened. However, Jack was not so fortunate and when he was brought down in the ball Jake noticed and was not best pleased. Apparently Jake's quite happy for the rats to be here as long as they don't intrude in his space - living room is Jake's space, definitely not rat territory!

I took a video of Jake's reaction to Jack. I apologise now for having such similarly named pets btw, it's confusing me too. Anyway, the full 3 minute version is on the Pet Blog page but I have included my favourite bit below:
NB: I laugh like Graham Norton. Sorry.


Blog.2 
I Only Wanted One Drink 
I have most definitely been back on the drinking game in recent days. Sure I'm suffering for it but alcohol has provided some epic times.

At the weekend myself and 'Cuffs ventured beyond Plym to the lovely land of Brixham and Torquay. We got pretty damn drunk before we went out, partied til 3am, sleep at 6am before I woke up at 9am convinced that I'd been asleep for much longer! I then suffered what I can only describe as a 'delayed hangover': Sunday I was alright, shattered but otherwise fine. However Monday, after I'd caught up on my sleep, was a different story - pounding headache all day and felt generally lethargic and crap ... surely that's not normal? Almost definite proof that it is not alcohol that cause the hangover but waking up. Nevertheless a damn spectacular weekend all round and worth the headache :D

Last night I went for an innocent single drink as in ONE as in DEFINITELY NOT TWO OR MORE, so ONE drink at JSV to keep Handcuffs company. So I bought myself a Rattler. Lovely. An hour later another one is plonked in front of me. Not long after that I get bought a double vodka and coke by some guy. Then 'Cuffs thinks a shot of Aftershock is a good idea (note how I'm not paying for any of these drinks). After this I find out that because I kinda contributed to me and some Welsh guy coming second in the quiz that I could get some free booze so down goes another bottle of Rattler. Next thing I know I'm sucking on a lime and an empty shot glass which once contained tequila is sitting in front of me .... and I'm pished. HOW HAS THAT HAPPENED?! 

Obviously, considering I had a train to catch at 10:44 this morning, the logical thing to do was to progress onto Cuba and have another shot and drink some of Sarah's rum and coke and some guys Fosters. 

So home shortly after 4am and up at 9am to er ... throw up. Lush. I was forced to sleep on the train home purely because seeing trees and whatever go passed the window as quickly as they seemed to be did not help the extreme feeling of nausea and I did not want to vom on the guy next to me.

Conclusion: I need more self-control ... and class.

And that for now, is my little story.
Good night xxx

Handcuff, Alex and myself in Brixham before things got too messy
Me, 'Cuffs and Sam in Brixham




Dean and Tom joining us in our Aftershock drinking



1 comment: