Author's Note

Hopelessly, I'm taking a mental picture of you now, 'cause hopelessly the hope is that we have so much to feel good about.
- One Republic

P.S. Please feed the fish :)

Sunday 19 June 2011

Wii's, Jakes and Green Lanterns

I'm back in Plym - my room is empty and I'm putting off going to the gym ...  I know, let's blog!

So finally the Wii Fit arrived on Friday. It's pretty epic, I was feeling the pain yesterday after doing an hours worth on it - definitely made me realise how lazy I've been since I've been home! 

It is cool though, it made my little Mii person's dimensions(?) more accurate to my own height and weight. Astonishingly I am still at a normal BMI, although I expect it'll start creeping into the overweight category shortly :(
Anyway, the best bit is that you can create a profile for your pets - how awesome is that? So I made one for my J-dog. Was slightly intrigued as to how I was supposed to weigh him as there wasn't a chance in hell of him sitting still on the fitness board for long enough. Obviously, it then explained that I had to pick Jakey up and stand on the board with him and my weight would be taken from our combined total. 

Since this "A Jake" has now become a unit of measurement. A "Jake" is 1st 3lbs (7.7kg) which is approximately the weight I need to lose to get down to my ideal BMI of 22 and my Mum needs to lose 2 Jakes to get to hers. My brother is the opposite, he needs to gain a Jake in order to get his ideal BMI. My Dad refused to have a go on the basis that he'd just drunk a couple of pints of beer and had some peanuts - pathetic excuses. In my opinion it's because after all the abuse he gives me that I'm fat he's afraid that he'll come up as overweight, which in fairness would make me LOL (inwardly).

I can't believe I have to lose a whole Jake though! When I pick him up, he's a right lump and I can't hold him for more than about 5minutes. How can I be carrying a whole Jack Russells worth in excess flab, and a chubby one at that? It's madness!

Anyway! Moving on, I went to see Green Lantern last night and it was amazing. Didn't know much about it so I was pretty much just going to keep Carl company ... the fact that Ryan Reynolds was in the film may also have encouraged me somewhat :P Om nom! But twas EPIC, completely understood what was going on, there was lots of cool effects, a scary evil thing and there may be a potential sequel. According to the Daily *makes you hang yourself with every headline* Mail, it's shit, but I say it's awesome and definitely recommend anyone thinking about it to go :) 
*plugs film by including trailer in the blog*

Oh, it also has Geoffrey Rush (legend) playing a weird fish alien thing (I know Carl, Tomar-re) which prompted me to shout "GEOFFREEEEY!" everytime he came on screen :)

And that's about all for now ... possible pizza times tonight so probably should go to the gym now ... Oh :(
Laters,
Cock
xxx

ps. shared this on Facebook but in case anyone missed it, this is a brilliant video which I'm pretty sure is based on my family: especially seeing as it's called "Simon's Sister's Dog" ... my brother is Simon, I'm his sister and I have a dog ... simples :P
pps. My Jake is not that bad. Jack Russell's should weigh between 7-8kg and according to the Wii Fit Jake is 7.7kg so he's fine :)



No comments:

Post a Comment