Author's Note

Hopelessly, I'm taking a mental picture of you now, 'cause hopelessly the hope is that we have so much to feel good about.
- One Republic

P.S. Please feed the fish :)

Tuesday 14 June 2011

The countdown begins ...

Ok so maybe slightly optimistic considering that on the scale of 1-unemployed I am currently very unemployed, but nevertheless I have officially decided that this time next year I will NOT be in this stupid, crappy country. 

Once I'm finished with uni and assuming I pass all my exams and assuming I have a lenient enough job to allow it I intend to venture away to Africa for 4 weeks next Summer.

I'm getting very impatient and it's infuriating having nothing to do. And it isn't through lack of trying: jobs just don't seem to be in the right place at the right time: there was one at Pets at Home, The Junction, Goodbodys - all in Plymouth, where I am not. Courtesy of my uni course I have to be at home over the Summer to study for my dissertation.

One plus that has come from having shit all to do is that I've been able to do some research:
What I Will Be Doing Next Summer

^^ that for me is an absolute dream come true. My Dad asked where it would get me and actually if I ever wanted to work at a zoo with big cats it would certainly give me an advantage ... but who cares whether it would get me anywhere - I get to hug lions! Potentially even white lion cubs which would be just incredible.

It will cost near £3,000 but fortunately, due to my awesome parents planning ahead I have lots of money saved and enough to go and I really am very grateful for that. What I find frustrating is that if I hadn't gone to university I would have even more money because I wouldn't have spent it all on living at uni and I'd have had a full time job.

I would LOVE to be able to go now and part of me is thinking 'Why not?' - I have the money and the time but I think there's a line to spontaneity I have to draw here.

Maybe for now I will have to make do with my J-dog and the rats being the only animals in my life. The former of which is currently looking like he is about to jump out the living room window ... oh no, he's lying down, it's fine.



Ah well, until then I have a Wii to play. Yes, that is how I'm spending my summer. Really isn't by choice - I would genuinely rather be working than sat here with aching arms due to going over the top on Wii boxing :(

Cock
xxx

ps. 12 months 'til lion time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment