Author's Note

Hopelessly, I'm taking a mental picture of you now, 'cause hopelessly the hope is that we have so much to feel good about.
- One Republic

P.S. Please feed the fish :)

Saturday 30 July 2011

Alright, what's 'appertaining?

Enjoying a recent walk in the Memorial Park
Actually quite a lot has been ''appertaining' since I last blogged. Mostly involving one small, old, unwell canine companion by the name of Jake. In case you are unfamiliar with this handsome creature, he can be viewed in picture form over there ->

With such a gorgeous little face, you can imagine the worry when our little guy started being sick a lot and we noticed his stomach was swollen. The vet told us they would need to do X-rays and blood tests so we took him in last Monday. We got a phone call in the afternoon saying they'd found a lump (never good) and when we went in to discuss in more details they told us they'd never seen anything like it - it was tennis ball sized and had a crust round it but didn't seem to be attached to the neighbouring organs i.e. his liver/spleen. So basically the ideal option would be to operate on him the next day and remove it, however, he is 13 years old and has a heart murmur :/ They also said that if they found it was a malignant tumour they wouldn't wake him up but then the non-operative route would give him only a few months left to live ... :'(
We decided to go ahead with the op. He was in a recovery cage at the vets but we didn't want to get him excited by seeing him that evening so went home ... not really knowing if we'd ever see him again.
I have to say it was horrible, the atmosphere in our house was so depressing. I mean when Molly died, there was still Jake for company but without him it was just so quiet :/ 
Thankfully, we weren't left to ponder the possibilities too long as we got a phone call about 2pm Tuesday saying everything had gone well and we could get him Weds morning - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D Until Wednesday morning came and the vet phoned saying he'd been sick so they were putting him on a drip and could we wait another day? AAAH! Anyway, finally at 2pm Thursday we were told we could collect him at 5:30pm that evening :)
Looking completely unphased by the entire proceedings
He was SO happy and excited when he saw us - I expected him to have one of those collars on to stop him chewing his stitches but instead he just had a cute little red bandage on his front arm where his drip had been. Awwwww!

Now that he is all fit and well again I have come up with some new nicknames for him including Sausage, Lumpy and my personal favourite Lord Voldejake.

We're taking it in turns being on "Jake Duty". He's not supposed to go upstairs or jump on chairs so we've had to barricade the sofa and one of us has had to sleep downstairs on my mattress. I took the first shift Thursday night - he didn't settle 'til about 2am, deciding going on a 15minute trek in our garden and licking my feet were both preferable to sleeping. Again, at half 3 I got a lick on the nose because he wanted to go outside. Stupid dog. I say this fondly. I think. 

Fortunately I've escaped duties last night and tonight as I have to be up early to cycle the 12mile round trip to work. I say "have to", I choose to because I feel very lazy lounging about on my arse all day plus I really want to lose weight (don't I always). I don't know whether it's this cycling that's caused it but I've injured everything: I think I've pulled muscles in my neck because it hurts to turn my head and when I take a deep breath, my ribs are bruised and my left shoulder hurts whenever I move it :( Won't stop me, up at 7:30am tomorrow to do it again! Determination!

Last exciting thing that's happened is probably Wednesday night we had a rather lovely reunion with Kathy Foote :)

Nathan, Em, Kathy, me, James & Hannah :)
Can't wait for reunion.2 - clubbing on the 16th August and meal and Harry Potter times on the 17th! :D


That's about it ... I was going to keeping blogging to pass the time until I found out whether Ellie (greyhound) won her race and me money but William Hill are being VERY slow - the race was at 21:53, they should know who won by now? Turbo's already won me £1.13 tonight - the bet cost me £1, I made 13p profit, I'm a rich girl.

Oh also I tried a mushroom tonight. I hate mushrooms but figure I'm nearly 21 now, I should probably stop refusing to eat foods on the basis of them looking weird.

That's all for now :)
Cock
xxx

ps. HITLER KITTY!


No comments:

Post a Comment