Author's Note

Hopelessly, I'm taking a mental picture of you now, 'cause hopelessly the hope is that we have so much to feel good about.
- One Republic

P.S. Please feed the fish :)

Monday 11 July 2011

We're talking holidays ...

Back. Tanned. Bored already. Hello blogging.

So, Portugal was good. I made some new friends including a dog who I played fetch with and a small child at Faro airport who played "Peeka-boo" over the seats at myself, Kieran and Catharine.

But the most important event of the holiday I think was the addition of 'Soddball' to the family. I feel I should perhaps mention first that we are all mad, keep this in mind throughout reading the upcoming story.

It all began with a blue and black beach ball, who was purchased in Majorca over 20 years ago. Over the last 17 years of holidays and many puncture patches later this ball became misshapen, verging on triangular and was therefore dubbed "Oddball" (I think naming this ball was our first rookie error as it has since led to full on conversations with inflatables). Anyway, sadly Oddball disappeared sometime before our Majorca holiday in 2009 and is now officially "missing presumed dead". Therefore he has been replaced ... although really no-one/ball can every replace Oddball so we have the next best thing which is his son - Soddball (Son of Oddball = Soddball ... logical right?). He's a bit young though and he kept misbehaving. Many times he got biffed out the swimming pool and we had to spend a good 5minutes calling him back in to the pool again (seriously). I think there were genuine tears shed at the end of the holiday when we had to deflate him. Ah well, here's a nice family photo of us and Soddball in action.
Soddball is the ball in the middle :P

Besides talking to an inflatable ball, we found another new form of entertainment which was watching the two lizards, Leonard and Lucas (yes we name everything) catch and eat various moths and crickets circling the outside lights. We would all sit there after our dinners yelling "NO YOU STUPID MOTH!" and "HE'S BEHIND YOU!" and "GO ON, BITE HIS HEAD OFF!". The lizards really were impressively fast - not many bugs escaped once they set their eyes on them.

Lots of other things happened including my Dad smacking his face on a waterslide and needing a short portugese Professor Sprout look-a-like nurse to put 3 stitches above his eyebrow. Observe:

There were some fantastic quotes as well, mostly from Keith:
"I feel a big one coming on"
"That is a big moth .. I mean, we're talking moths!"
And also some standard classics from the brother Simon:
"IDIOT!" (at my Dad, forget why)
"That's a nice breast" (chicken)

... and finally one by Kieran that made Maureen spray drink everywhere:
"Doo doo doodle oo doo doo do.. BASTARD!"

Anyway, despite all this happy times, it is very nice to be home - got to sleep in a bed last night that didn't creak like hell and without gale force winds blowing sun beds onto my window - not sure I had one decent nights sleep while there. It's weird how back home I don't even notice El Dogface jumping on and off my bed but if a bed creaks it wakes me up :/

Speaking of dogface, Jake has returned home safe and sound and much skinnier - good job we fattened him up before hand, maybe I should go stay in a kennels for a bit. And of course the rats returned all happy as well :)

I'm sure there were other things to say but I've forgotten ... OH, I think I'm just a little bit over-excited for the release of Haz Paz and the Daz Haz Part 2 on Friday as I had about 5 dreams involving Haz Paz whilst on holiday. Including one where Voldemort was after me so I hid under some stairs but then I couldn't remember any spells apart from "Expelliarmus" and "Stupify" so I had to look them up on the internet and found "Petrificus totalus" so I used that. Exciting though it was I am concerned that my subconscious actually managed to remember proper Harry Potter spells ... :/

Anyway it's late-ish and the rats need attention so for now, laters :)
Cock
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment